Late afternoon thunderstorms gave way to the rumble of angry hooves on June 7, as rodeo fans at the Rodeo Cowboys Association’s Xtreme Bulls event watched a surly assortment of stock toss one cowboy after another to the dirt at Casey Jones Park.
Bullfighters tasked with distracting the enraged beasts as dejected riders scrambled for cover were busy throughout the main event of the Elizabeth Stampede’s second day. The third round began on an anxious note, when rider Jarett Folger was apparently knocked unconscious and lay motionless on the ground for several minutes before being helped off by medical personnel.
Only five cowboys qualified for a score. They were:
1. Tristan Mize, Bryan, Texas—86.5 points/$4,294
2. Lon Danley, Tularosa, New Mexico—85 points/$3,367
3. Nathan Hatchel, Hennessy, Oklahoma_83 points/$2,571
4. Cordell Curtis, Monte Vista, Colorado—71 points/$1,776
5. Dillon Hall, Salida, Colorado_65 points/$1,246
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.