The Parker Symphony Orchestra presents a concert of symphonic works composed by women. The program features Fanny Mendelssohn, Ruth Crawford Seeger, and Florence Price (a truly gifted African American woman). Since March is National Women’s History Month and February is Black History Month, this is a very timely way to celebrate the contributions of these amazing women.
Friday, February 14, 2020 at 7:30 PM at the PACE Center in Parker
- Overture in C (Fanny Mendelssohn)
- Rissolty Rossolty (Ruth Crawford Seeger)
- Fanfare for the Uncommon Woman (Joan Tower)
- Mississippi River Suite (Florence Price)
- O Virtus Sapiente (Hildegard von Bingen)
Plus a special appearance by the Cody Sisters.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.