Arapahoe • Freshman Sam Crispe scored nine points and grabbed three rebounds to pace the girls basketball team in a 67-32 Centennial League loss to Grandview on Jan. 3. Junior Kali March led the …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Freshman Sam Crispe scored nine points and grabbed three rebounds to pace the girls basketball team in a 67-32 Centennial League loss to Grandview on Jan. 3. Junior Kali March led the team with 12 points in a 55-47 setback to Mullen on Jan. 5
• Junior Bryson Stephens led the way with 12 points but the boys basketball team fell behind early in a 72-29 setback to Grandview on Jan. 3. The team trailed 39-20 at halftime and lost 81-53 to Mullen on Jan. 5.
• The wrestling team finished second behind Broomfield in the Freshman/Sophomore Heritage Invitational on Jan. 5. Ian McCall came in first in the 138-pound bracket.
• TJ Ranone and Clayton Delaney scored while goalie Lucas Banks made 14 saves as the hockey team shut out Castle View, 2-0, on Jan. 4. The Bruins, leading 1-0 after two periods, didn’t allow a shot on goal in the third period. The teams played again Jan. 5 with Creek notching a 6-0 win as Banks and Jason Rosales shared the goaltending duties and 11 different players picked up points.
• Julian Hammond III tallied 23 points and had six rebounds and three assists in a 68-61 Centennial League win over Mullen for the boys basketball team on Jan. 3. On Jan. 5, the team dropped an 84-65 decision to Smoky Hill.
• Junior Jana Van Gytenbeek scored 24 points and sophomore Kacee Kyle added 10 in the girls basketball team’s 57-32 triumph over Mullen on Jan. 3. The team improved to 2-0 in the Centennial League with a 90-20 romp over Smoky Hill on Jan. 5.
• Jacob Baldessari at 132 pounds and 182-pounder Matt Soderborg won individual championships Jan. 5 at the Freshman/Sophomore Heritage Invitational wrestling tournament.
• The girls basketball team is in the midst of a 25-day break until playing its next game Jan. 15 at Riverdale Ridge. The Pirates are 6-3 so far this season and are led in scoring and rebounding by junior Lilly Johnson with a 9.9 scoring average and 9.7 rebounds a game.
• Junior James Sharp earned a 4-1 decision over Jakob Christiansen-Holloway of Alameda International in the 182-pound fifth-place match of the Rebel Invitational wrestling tournament on Jan. 5.
• Joe Carpinello, off assists from Lucas Labrash and Jakob Boos, scored the winning goal at 7:16 of the third period in the hockey team’s 3-2 win over Chatfield on Jan. 3.
• The wrestling team placed third in the Heritage Invitational for freshmen and sophomores on Jan. 5. Chris Sandoval won the individual championship at 170 pounds.
• Junior Susie Puchino scored 13 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and had four assists to go along with four steals to spark a 37-32 Jeffco 4A girls basketball win over Golden on Jan. 3, which squared the Lions’ overall record at 5-5.
• The boys basketball team resumed play after the winter break and lost 75-37 to Wheat Ridge on Jan. 5.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.