Concerts under the stars are welcomed back ... and most are free for families. Think picnics, Colorado’s gorgeous summer nights, LIVE music of all kinds ... (we’ll probably add more in future issues — here’s what we know today — happy tidings):
• Littleton Museum concerts are held on the big lawn under the stars at Gallup Street’s Ketring Park, sponsored by the Friends of the Littleton Library/Museum, tend towards folk/rock and draw a family crowd, many with picnic suppers in hand. All on Wednesdays, the first concert is scheduled from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on July 14 and will feature Faces West, “a fiery blend of rock and blues,” with Kurt Ashmore, guitar, Mick Knudson, drums and Vince Carmellini, bass. (Knudson and Ashmore met at Western State University in Gunnison and have relocated to Denver.) Following on the museum lawn: July 21: Delta Sonics; July 28: David Laurence and the Spoonful; Aug. 4: Juice of the Barley; Aug. 11: Dakota Blonde; Aug. 18: Buckstein. (Free)
• Littleton Symphony announces concerts under the direction of Jurgen de Lemos. Wednesday, Aug. 11, 7 p.m. at Aspen Grove Shopping Center, 7301 S. Santa Fe Drive, Littleton; Thursday, Aug. 19, 7 p.m. at Bethany Lutheran Church courtyard, 4500 E. Hampden Ave., Cherry Hills Village; Sunday, Aug. 22, 7 p.m. at Hudson Gardens, 6115 S. Santa Fe Drive, Littleton; Thursday, Aug. 26, 7 p.m. at Grant Amphitheatre in Clement Park, 7306 W. Bowles Ave., Littleton.
• Greenwood Village Museum of Outdoor Arts’ Marjorie Park, 6331 S. Fiddlers Green Circle, 7 p.m.-9 p.m. concerts. July 15 — Spinphony; July 29 — Walker Williams Band; Aug. 19 — Tone and the Vibe; Aug. 28 — The Petty Nicks Experience. (Tickets for sale at moaonline.org for the last one.)
• SunSET Concert Series at Englewood CityCenter Amphitheater, 1000 Englewood Parkway, 7 p.m. The lineup is July 22 — Nothing But Nineties; July 29 — Hazel Miller and the Collective; Aug. 5 — Walker Williams Band; Aug. 12 — Raising Cain.
• Central City Opera Festival will be at Hudson Gardens and Event Center this summer, 6115 S. Santa Fe Drive, Littleton: “Rigoletto” July 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 27, 28, 30; and “Carousel” July 3, 7, 11, 13, 15, 17, 23, 25, 27, 29, Aug. 1. Tickets: $25-$75. email@example.com.
• Arapahoe Philharmonic, also local, performs “rain or shine” at Breckenridge Brewery with a rousing July 3 concert at 8 p.m. It’s called “Stars and Stripes Forever.” Tickets: $35, $30, $10: arapahoe-phil.org/events/concerts or 303-781-1892.
• Last, but probably not least and a bit noisy, but probably not musical: the annual Independence Day event — held on Saturday, July 3 this year — sponsored by Englewood, Littleton, Sheridan, Arapahoe County and South Suburban Parks and Recreation, starting at 5 p.m. with gathering for picnics at Belleview Park and Cornerstone Park. Local business vendors and food trucks will have food and drinks — or bring your own picnic. Fireworks at dark.
Note: If others in the area have performance plans, I’d love to hear about them. I know Highlands Ranch Concert Band is resuming rehearsals and wonder about others??? What a joy to contemplate outdoor live music again ...
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.