RTD customers perceive the overall quality of RTD services to be very high, according to the results of the district’s latest customer satisfaction survey. The average rating of the overall quality …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
RTD customers perceive the overall quality of RTD services to be very high, according to the results of the district’s latest customer satisfaction survey. The average rating of the overall quality of RTD services was higher than 4 on a scale in which 1 indicated “poor” and 5 indicated “excellent.”
“It is wonderful to know our passengers are extremely happy with our services, will continue to use them and will recommend it to others,” RTD General Manager and CEO Dave Genova said in a recent news release. “This is a testament to the hard work of our employees, and I congratulate them for a job well done. We strive to provide safe, clean, reliable, courteous, accessible and cost-effective bus and rail services to our customers.”
RTD commissioned BBC Research & Consulting to conduct the survey in spring 2017. Given every three years, the survey addressed the use of various RTD services; payment options and use of discounts; trip and passenger characteristics; travel to and from RTD stops and stations; and satisfaction with RTD services. Both paper-and-pencil and online formats were available.
Highlights of the survey include:
• RTD passengers rate the quality of all aspects of RTD service as very high, with mean ratings between 4.0 and 4.5 out of 5.
• The mean rating of the value passengers received from the fares they paid was 4.2 out of 5.
• Passengers are very likely to choose RTD again (mean rating of 4.7), and recommend it to others (4.5 rating).
• The average quality ratings for bus service (4.17), train service (4.34) and overall services (4.22) exceeded 4.0.
• Fare value is substantially related to passengers’ perceptions of overall quality of services, their likelihood to choose RTD again, and their likelihood to recommend RTD to others.
• RTD passengers perceive the quality of the schedule and route information they receive as quite high. Mean quality ratings of both schedule and route information were 4.3 out of 5.
To see the complete survey and what customers were asked, go to http://www.rtd-denver.com/documents/RTD-CustomerSatisfactionSurveyResults-2017.pdf.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.