For the next 30 days, we’re providing free access to non-subscribers so you can see what we have to offer. And if you subscribe by June 1, you’ll get a 25% discount on your subscription!
We hope you’ll like what you see and want to support local media.
Click here to start a new subscription
The Federal Aviation Administration has scheduled 11 public information workshops in April and May to provide information to the public concerning proposed airspace improvements in the Denver metro area.
A component of the Denver Metroplex project, the changes will use streamlined satellite navigation to move air traffic more safely and efficiently through the region. Existing air routes may be modified with new satellite-guided routes.
Community feedback from these workshops will help the agency determine whether changes to the preliminary designs are needed.
The Denver Metroplex project, one of 12 such projects across the United States, includes Denver International Airport, Centennial Airport, Rocky Mountain Metropolitan Airport, Buckley Air Force Base, Northern Colorado Regional Airport, Front Range Airport and Greeley-Weld County Airport.
The workshops will be held in the evenings in an open-house format. Citizens can arrive any time during the publicized time range to learn about proposed improvements from FAA representatives. Preliminary route designs will be displayed on poster boards and iPads. Spanish interpreters will be provided if city officials request them at least one week before the event.
More information on the project is available at metroplexenvironmental.com/denver_metroplex/denver_introduction.html and faa.gov/nextgen/communityengagement/den.
Workshops will be held as follows:
• Aurora: 6 to 8:30 p.m., April 4, Aurora Municipal Building Lobby, 15151 E. Alameda Parkway
• Denver: 5 to 7:30 p.m., April 6, Green Valley Ranch Recreation Center, Community Room B, 4890 N. Argonne Way
• Greenwood Village: 6 to 8:30 p.m., April 18, the City of Greenwood Village, City Hall Community Room, 6060 S. Quebec St.
• Parker: 5:30 to 8 p.m., April 19, Douglas County Library, Parker Branch, Event Hall A, 20105 E. Main St.
• South Jefferson County: 6 to 8:30 p.m., April 20, Chatfield Senior High School, Commons Area, 7227 S. Simms St.
• Denver: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., May 1, Metropolitan State University of Denver, Tivoli Student Union, Baerresen Ballroom, Room 320, 900 Auraria Parkway
• Broomfield: 6 to 8:30 p.m., May 2, at the Rocky Mountain Metro Airport, Mt. Evans Conference Room, 11755 Airport Way
• Commerce City: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., May 3, Stuart Middle School, Cafetorium, 15955 E. 101st Way
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.