Arapahoe • The baseball team takes a break from the Centennial League Challenge for a May 4 game at Fort Collins. The Warriors resume Challenge play against Smoky Hill on May 5. The Warriors beat …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2017-2018, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The baseball team takes a break from the Centennial League Challenge for a May 4 game at Fort Collins. The Warriors resume Challenge play against Smoky Hill on May 5. The Warriors beat Smoky Hill, 4-1, earlier this season and have won the last three games against the Buffs.
• The girls soccer team wraps up the regular season May 3 with a game at Regis Jesuit. The series against Regis is tied a two games each, but the Warriors lost 2-0 last season.
• The boys lacrosse team will tune up for the state playoffs with a May 4 game against Mountain Vista. Arapahoe was ranked fifth in the April 23 CHSAANow.com 5A poll while Vista was sixth. The Warriors have a 9-4 record against Vista since 2008 and have won the past four games.
• Clint Evans has been hired as the new girls basketball coach. Evans was coach at Olathe East (Kan.) for the past eight seasons and compiled a 127-58 record. The Hawks played in the 6A championship game last season. Evans takes over for Chris Curneen who announced his retirement in March.
• Delaney Smith set a meet record of 43.27 in the 300-meter hurdles in winning the event at the April 27 Stutler Twlight Invitational. Ana George won the pole vault with an 11-foot leap. The girls finished second in the team standings. Marcus Miller won the 100-meter dash in 10.99 and the 200 meters in 22.30 as the boys won the team title. Miller was also on the meet-record 4x200 relay team. Dimitri Stanley, Andrew Wilson-Axpe, Kyle Hanlan and Miller ran a 1:26.75.
• The unbeaten girls lacrosse team has scored 241 goals for an average of 19 per game. The Bruins are averaging 25.8 points per game and a 4.9 goals against average with two regular season contests remaining.
• The girls soccer team saw its five-game winning streak snapped with a 10-0 loss to George Washington on April 28. The Pirates end the regular season against Denver Christian on May 4.
• The Pirates’ baseball team dropped a 23-1 decision to Fort Morgan on April 27.
• The baseball team ends the regular season with a non-league game against two-time defending Class 4A state champion Valor Christian on May 5.
• The girls soccer team will be looking at the RPI standings, which determine state playoff teams, when the Eagles take on Highlands Ranch, another team battling to stay among the top 32 teams, on May 3.
• Meredith Winnefeld, a 2012 graduate of Arapahoe, is the new head spirit coach. She was a member of the Arizona State track and field team and was the ASU Feature Twirler, who performed in four bowl games and Super Bowl 49.
• The boys lacrosse team ends the regular season with at May 3 non-league game against Thomas Jefferson and 4A Foothills League contest on May 5 at Conifer. The Lions lost games to both teams last year, dropping a 9-8 decision to TJ and falling 13-8 to Conifer.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.