Arapahoe • Junior diver Franny Cable set another pool record with a six-dive score of 319.60 during a Jan. 23 dual meet against Cherry Creek. • The girls basketball team outscored Mullen 31-13 in …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2017-2018, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Junior diver Franny Cable set another pool record with a six-dive score of 319.60 during a Jan. 23 dual meet against Cherry Creek.
• The girls basketball team outscored Mullen 31-13 in the second half and earned its fourth consecutive victory with a 62-42 victory on Jan. 26.
• Arapahoe wrestlers recorded six pins in a 65-11 dual meet conquest of Smoky Hill on Jan. 25. Riley Olana was the runner-up at 138 pounds on Jan. 27 at the Mile High Classic tournament at Thomas Jefferson High School.
• The girls swim team’s community project on Jan. 21 gathered toys and other items for Children’s Hospital and created at least 177 valentines for patients.
• The hockey team ended a four-game winless streak with a 3-0 win over Ralston Valley on Jan. 27. Christian Brown, Blake Benson and Bryce Jarvis scored the goals for Creek. The Bruins face Mountain Vista Feb. 2 at South Suburban Ice Arena. The teams tied 2-2 on Jan. 20.
• Jana Van Gytenbeek, a 5-foot-7 sophomore, had 23 points, nine rebounds and eight assists in a 51-37 girls basketball win over Cherokee Trail on Jan. 27. Creek had 45 rebounds in the game, which featured a combined 80 rebounds for both teams as neither team shot the ball well from the field. Creek made 29 percent of its field goals compared to 24 percent for Cherokee Trail.
The girls basketball team dropped a 66-27 decision to Weld Central on Jan. 26, which marked the Pirates’ 13th consecutive loss to the Rebels in 13 games between the schools. The boys basketball team lost 70-41 to Weld Central which was the eighth straight setback to the Rebels. The boys are 1-11 all-time against Weld Central.
• Brandon Urroz came in fourth in the 126-pound division of the Mile High Classic wrestling tournament on Jan. 27. Derek Mackey at 138 pounds also finished fourth.
• Joe Carpinello scored twice and had two assists in a six-goal second period for the hockey team on Jan. 27 in the 7-3 victory over Battle Mountain. The Eagles remained tied for first place in the close Peak Conference title chase. Heritage and Aspen, deadlocked on top of the standings with 17 points, play Feb. 10 at South Suburban Ice Arena.
• The girls swimming team was second in a meet against D’Evelyn and Bear Creek on Jan. 25. Mandy Zueger won the diving, Reganne Fornstrom was first in the 100 backstroke and Lydia Van Kooten won the 200 freestyle.
• The girls basketball team snapped a six-game losing streak with a 67-38 win over Wheat Ridge on Jan. 24. Sophomore Katie Puchino had 15 points and Rebecca Sandstrom had 12 points and 18 rebounds. The Lions outrebounded the Farmers, 43-24.
• The boys basketball team fell behind early and despite 19 points from Jason Levy, was defeated 75-52 by Wheat Ridge on Jan. 24. It was the third straight Jeffco 4A loss for the Lions.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.