• The Warriors boys lacrosse team’s rivalry against Mountain Vista has been close. Arapahoe leads 9-5 but lost 10-9 to the Golden Eagles on May 4, which snapped a four-game winning …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2017-2018, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The Warriors boys lacrosse team’s rivalry against Mountain Vista has been close. Arapahoe leads 9-5 but lost 10-9 to the Golden Eagles on May 4, which snapped a four-game winning streak. The past five games have been decided by a total of seven goals with three one-goal games and two games decided by two goals.• The girls soccer team was seeded 12th in the Class 5A girls soccer playoff bracket. First round 5A games were scheduled May 8 with the second round contests scheduled for May 11.• Faythe Sheffield won the girls shot put on May 5 at the Cherry Creek Invitational track meet with a throw of 37-06.
• The boys track team won five individual events at the Cherry Creek Invitational with Justin Alter a double winner as he won the long jump (21-09) and the triple jump (45-09.25). Parker Wolfe won the 3,200 in 9:45.02, Cyprien Toffa the 300 hurdles in 38.82 and Philip Jordan the discus (153-03). The boys were first in the boys team standings. The girls finished second as Delaney Smith captured the 300 meter hurdles in 46.63.• The girls soccer team drew a 11th seed in the Class 5A state playoff bracket.• The girls lacrosse team heads into the state playoffs with a scoring an average of 18 goals a game. All first-round playoff contests must be completed by May 9.
• That baseball score that was tardy being reported turned out to be a win. The Pirates beat Alameda, 6-3, on April 25 which ended a 28-game losing streak dating back to the 2016 season. Englewood broke a 2-2 tie with four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning in the streak- breaking win over Alameda.• After a five-game winning streak, the girls soccer team lost four straight games by a combined score of 36-2.• Senior Isabell Morrissette won the 3,200 at the Colorado 7 League championships with a time of 13:09.04.
• It obviously takes 11 players to make up a girls soccer team, but it appeared like Sarah Gray was a one-girl show in the 3-0 win over Golden on April 30. She scored all three goals for the Lions.• The girls soccer team was the 13th seed in the Class 4A state soccer playoffs which started May 9.• Brittany Line was declared the girls 4A Jeffco champion with a throw of 36-09.25 at the 4A Jeffco track championships. Trevor Stutzman won the boys pole vault with a 13-00.50 vault.
• The baseball team was matched in an attractive 5A/4A regular season finale against Valor Christian on May 5. Heritage outhit Valor, 5-4, but lost the game 3-1 and left 11 runners on base.• The girls soccer team was seeded 20th in the Class 5A state playoffs.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.