Arapahoe • The girls swimming team finished fourth at the Coaches Invitational on Dec. 16. Delaney Smith was second in the 200 IM with a time of 2:03.33 • The boys basketball team is off to a …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The girls swimming team finished fourth at the Coaches Invitational on Dec. 16. Delaney Smith was second in the 200 IM with a time of 2:03.33
• The boys basketball team is off to a slow start with a 2-5 record. Senior Braxton Reinders has scored 44 points in the past four games and leads the team with an 8.7 point-per-game scoring average. The girls basketball team won two games in a row to even its record at 4-4 prior to a Dec. 19 game against Heritage. Senior Maggie Wortman is the team’s top scorer with an 8.4 average.
• The Bruins’ poms team finished third in the Class 5A division of the CHSAA State Spirit Championships.
• Creek finished third at the first major girls swimming meet of the season, the Coaches Invitational on Dec. 16. The 200-medley relay team was third with a time of 1:46.83. Sebastina Saya’s 5:06.58 time in the 500 freestyle was good for second place and Ella Drury was third in the 100 breaststroke in 1:05.35.
• The girls basketball team is ranked in the CHSAANow.com Class 5A poll but has only played three games. The Bruins have four upcoming games scheduled in the Nike Tournament of Champions in Phoenix. Creek has three players scoring in double figures, led by senior Emma Wrede at 14.7 points a game. Senior Jaela Richardson is scoring at an 11.7 pace, while sophomore Jana Van gytenbeek is scoring 10.7 points and leads the state’s 5A players with 7.7 assists per contest.
The girls basketball team has only two seniors on the squad, but the youthful Pirates have been competitive in compiling a 2-5 record. Sophomore Lillian Johnson has been the leader, scoring 8.6 points a game and pulling down an average of 6.8 rebounds.
• The co-ed cheer team finished sixth in the Class 4A/5A competition at the CHSAA State Spirit Championships Dec. 8-9 at the Denver Coliseum.
• The Eagles were ninth in the Dec. 16 Coaches Invitational girls swimming meet.
• Boys basketball coach Ryan Fletcher knows the games will get tougher once the Lions start play in the Jefferson County 4A League. The Lions were off to a 6-1 start prior to a final non-league game against Conifer on Dec. 19. Senior Justin Cutter has been the team’s leading scorer with an 18.4 average followed by Jason Levy at 13.9 and Liam Macdonald at 11.3 ppg.
• The girls team is also off to a good non-league start with a 5-2 record before a Dec. 19 game against Denver South.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.