Arapahoe • Franny Cable is listed by the website prepswimco.com as the top 5A diver in state with a score of 506.85, and senior Delaney Smith has the second fastest time in the 200 IM with a …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2017-2018, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Franny Cable is listed by the website prepswimco.com as the top 5A diver in state with a score of 506.85, and senior Delaney Smith has the second fastest time in the 200 IM with a 2:03.33 clocking. The Warriors are ranked third as a team.
• Losing skids are unusual for the boys basketball team, but the Warriors have dropped five straight games.
• Sophomore girls basketball guard Jana Van Gytenbeek has made a verbal commitment to play college basketball at Stanford. She is the state 5A leader with 7.2 assists per game. The Bruins will be seeking to break a five-game losing streak against rival Grandview in a Jan. 20 Centennial League game.
• South Metro Offensive Football Player of the Year Dimitri Stanley is a basketball standout too. The senior hit a layup to send the Jan. 10 game against Mullen into overtime and then made the game-winning layup in the extra session to spark the 77-76 boys basketball win.
• The girls swim team is ranked third in the prepswimco.com swim rankings and the 200 IM relay team has the second fastest time recorded this season of 1:46.83.
Boys basketball coach John Nonemacher is establishing a new culture this season, one that includes hard work, defensive emphasis and a new system on offense. Tough work is starting to pay off. The Pirates are 2-7 and coming off a win over Bruce Randolph and a narrow 66-65 loss to Weld Central.
• The Eagles’ girls swimming team is third in in the Jan. 10 4A prepswimco.com rankings. Kylie Andrews has posted the fastest times in the 50 and 100 freestyle events with times of 23.76 and 51.28 respectively. Heritage is also first in the 200 freestyle relays event with a 1:36.85 clocking.
• After a key 3-1 win over Resurrection Christian on Jan. 13, the hockey team is tied for first place in the Peak Conference with 12 points and a 6-0-0 record. Resurrection Christian and Aspen also have 12 points, but the Eagles have a game in hand on both teams. Resurrection Christian is 6-1-0 in the league and Aspen is 5-0-2. Heritage is 11-1-0 overall.
• The boys basketball team and student council will be selling raffle tickets to win a Maserati for a weekend and a steak dinner at Fleming’s during the Littleton boys basketball game Jan. 19 against D’Evelyn.
• Coach Ryan Fletcher’s boys basketball team ended a three-game losing streak with a 75-44 win over Green Mountain on Jan. 13. The Lions are 8-4 overall and 1-3 in the Jeffco 4 league with a tough road ahead with games against Golden and D’Evelyn.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.