County gets online facelift
Ease of use, more tools featured on new website
Surfing Arapahoe County just got a little easier.
On Sept. 4, the county launched its new and improved online presence at www.arapahoegov.com; an initiative that’s been in the works for more than two years.
According to a statement from the county, the new site features improved navigation, fresh content and an array of tools to help visitors quickly locate information and services.
“Improving our website was identified as a countywide priority through the Align Arapahoe strategic management process, and it is one of the initiatives that our departments and elected offices have been working diligently on since 2012,” said District 3 Commissioner Rod Bockenfeld. “We are very excited to launch our new site, as it offers better tools for citizens to interact with their county government, increases transparency by providing easier access to documents and offers more opportunities for citizens to conduct business and provide feedback on county services.”
The county cites an aging content management system dating back to 2003 as part of its decision to upgrade. It hired CivicPlus, a company that specializes in government websites and content management solutions, to redesign both the website and Intranet.
The improvements, according to a statement, encompass more than two years of planning and development by an employee committee representing every county department and elected office.
Those who have bookmarked any pages on the existing county website will need to refresh their links.
Improvements will continue during the coming months, in what the county hopes will be an even more seamless user experience.
User feedback is encouraged through an online survey located at www.arapahoegov.com.
Upgrade is site for sore eyes
To request help in finding information or using Arapahoe County’s new website at www.arapahoegov.com, please email email@example.com or call 303-795-5467.
Arapahoe County’s fresh new online look features:
• Drop-down menus that highlight programs and services offered by Arapahoe County at a glance
• “How Do I” feature to help citizens find answers to commonly asked questions
• “Notify Me” module, which allows users to sign up to receive news and alerts by email and/or SMS text message
• An interactive calendar of upcoming events and meetings
• An improved portal for county meeting agendas and minutes
• The option to subscribe to RSS feeds to receive notice of upcoming events or new information that is posted to the site
• A facilities module that features photos, maps and information on county buildings
• Photo galleries that profile the community and county events
• Easy-to-use online forms that allow residents to submit information to Arapahoe County by email
• A mobile-friendly version of the site that can be easily viewed on a smartphone or tablet
• “MyAccount” module, which allows visitors to log in and choose which information regularly appears on their dashboard